Learning To Breathe

Posted by Posted by Kirk Bowman On 9:41 AM


Just getting back in the swing of things after a great vacation in Destin, Fla. Destin beaches are some of the most beautiful in the world. Had a great time hanging out with my girl for a few chilled out days.

Played golf, ate great, got to leisurely read my Bible every morning with no where to go, met a few new friends, connected with some old friends, laid out on the beach. Ahhh…

A big shout out to my new friend, Pastor Steve Vaggalis, for letting us use his gorgeous condo right on the beach. Steve pastors a great, growing new church in Destin, Destiny Worship Center. He and his wife Jackie are knocking it out of the park with their ministry in Destin.

Had a thought today in my time with God:
“Prayer is breathing in heaven’s atmosphere”

Breathe deep!


2 comments

  1. greg varney Said,

    great to have you back, pastor!

    Posted on May 7, 2008 at 11:31 AM

     
  2. praisedetail Said,

    Isn't that sand so white?
    Went up in one of those para-sailing things over San Destin.
    I'm not sure if inhaling only qualifies as breathing.Pretty sure I didn't exhale until we reached the top... and, wow, what a different point of view.

    That prayer statement- your so right. When I've been holding my "spiritual" breath, praying changes the atmosphere and makes breathing a whole lot easier.

    Heavenly, even.

    Posted on May 7, 2008 at 8:32 PM