Friendship matters

Posted by Posted by Kirk Bowman On 9:25 AM


This is my great friend, Frank Loria. We have been friends for 30 years. My relationship with Frank is one of those “Jonathan and David” kind of friendships. We met when I was on the staff of a church that he and his wife started attending. Something clicked between us and our friendship has remained strong for a long time. No matter how long it’s been since the last time we talked, we can pick up like our last conversation was yesterday.

It’s funny how some people come and go through our life and others remain our friends for a lifetime. Fortunately, I do have a handful of long time friendships. They mean a lot to me.

The world could use a few more Frank Lorias. He loves God, loves his wife, loves his kids and loves his church. I don’t think there is a mean bone in his body. He has won hundreds of people to Christ through his easy going approach to trying to reach them for Jesus. He’s stayed faithful to his church for over 30 years. He’s stayed faithful to his wife for even longer. He’s been a great friend to me for a long time.

I’m glad God made Frank a part of my story.

John 15:13 "Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends.


2 comments

  1. Anonymous Said,

    I think God's second ultimate blessing is friendship.

    Posted on May 14, 2008 at 6:50 PM

     
  2. Anonymous Said,

    God has brought the most amazing people into my world through this church! I have grown in tremendous ways because of divine friendships. Before coming to The Rock I had absolutely NO "friends"! Hold on while I weep.... okay I'm good now! My world is blossoming because it is filled with the color and aroma of friends.

    Posted on May 14, 2008 at 7:01 PM