I'm back

Posted by Posted by Kirk Bowman On 11:32 AM


Hey guys, sorry for the break in posting. I’ve been pretty busy and just let my blogging slip out of my schedule.

Suzette and I just got back from the ARC Conference in Birmingham, Ala. This is an incredible group of leaders and churches who are passionate about planting life giving churches throughout the USA.

Their vision is to plant 2000 churches by 2020. The have put together an excellent strategy to facilitate this. Their training, financing and support systems are really well thought out. Right now, they are planting a new church every 12 days!

I do love the DNA of this group. They are positive, transparent and very relational. They are also definitely about moving the ball down the field.

Most of these guys have come from Charismatic/Pentecostal backgrounds but have grown weary (as have I) of some of the bizarre behavior and practices of those kind of churches. We love the Holy Spirit and His gifts and power but some of the “packaging” has gotten too weird.

I met a bunch of great new friends and I’m looking forward to what develops out a connection with these guys.


4 comments

  1. Amber_Cox Said,

    Yeah, PK!!!!
    I am glad you are back on the blog! Jason and I look forward to reading your blog. Keep up the great work at the rock.

    Posted on April 17, 2008 at 2:45 PM

     
  2. greg varney Said,

    glad to have you back in the blog-o-rhythm!
    (and glad the ARC was awesome)

    Posted on April 19, 2008 at 8:49 AM

     
  3. praisedetail Said,

    These guys sound prepared.
    ...preparing vs planning.
    When planting,plans are needed- being prepared is non-negotiable.

    And, while we are on the subject, nobody will want to come to your party if your always acting all weird and stuff. right?

    Posted on April 21, 2008 at 5:44 PM

     
  4. Unknown Said,

    Jerry Stone here....great to meet up at the ARC conference, Melanie & I look forward to coming up to Asheville for a visit soon...blessings

    Posted on May 5, 2008 at 3:47 PM