The Value of Time

Posted by Posted by Kirk Bowman On 4:41 PM

For years I have read about how valuable time is.

"Time is the most precious commodity. Money lost can be recovered, time lost can never be recovered." Quotes I have read that all ring true. But I just had a new awakening to another dimension to the value of time.

The other night I was discussing with some leaders the value of their presence at meetings. Sunday meetings. Leadership meetings. Prayer meetings.

We all have meetings we go to. Any time there is a gathering of people, that's a meeting. Dinner with my family. Work. Going to play golf. Going out to eat. Church meetings. All meetings. That require some of our time.

As we discussed the value of their presence at these different meetings I had a fresh realization about the value of time. I was asking for their time. A very valuable commodity.

Time is a valuable thing. Time with God. Time with my wife. Time with my kids. Time at church. I only have so much time. Only so many hours to spend.

My words were careful, my heart very aware. All these guys are so busy. Lives so full. And I was asking for their time. For God. For His house. For our church to be all God wants it to be.

And they all responded with a beautiful heart. God and His house was worth their time.

Whoever and whatever we give our time to tells a lot about what we truly value.

My heart had a new appreciation for the value of time when I was asking people I love and respect to give this valuable thing called time.

2 comments

  1. KHawk Said,

    Yes, time is a very valuable commodity indeed.

    And I have learned that the more time I give to touching Heaven, going to Church, reading my Bible, praying, watching Joel Osteen....somehow my time is multiplied. Suddenly there's a child beside me who wants to talk for an hour...or two. There's an unplanned night for dinner with my Good Looking Tall husband. There's time for my nieces, nephews, and parents.

    I wish I had learned this valuable lesson in my 20's, but the great news is that I'm loving every moment of my time now.

    Posted on November 27, 2007 at 6:57 PM

     
  2. Davida Said,

    "Going to play golf" :)

    Yah, I think that is the hardest part for me. I find the time for what has to be done, but feel guilty about taking time to just sit and enjoy. It really is crucial to making everything work right.

    Posted on November 27, 2007 at 8:35 PM