Here We Go!

Posted by Posted by Kirk Bowman On 2:42 PM

In just a couple of days I leave to minister in a pastor's conference in Ghana, Africa.

I'm joining up with our great friend, David Shibley, who started and heads up Global Advance ministries. Global Advance is one of the premier missions ministries in the world and our church was one of the first to support them in their beginning 17 years ago.

This will be my first time in Africa . The 18th nation I've had the privilege of ministering in.

A few ideas swimming around in my head going in to this:

1. Relationships are the door to everything - I get the privilege of ministering to 1900 pastors in Ghana because of my connection with David. An opportunity afforded me by a relationship.

2. The gospel is universal, every culture is unique. Having had the opportunity to experience so many different cultures has given me a great appreciation for the uniqueness of each nation. So there always has to be a unique understanding of the culture we find ourselves in and how to "voice" the gospel to be heard in that culture. This principle applies to spreading the gospel in Asheville or Africa.

3. You can go anywhere from here. I live in Asheville, a small town of 70,000 people. But I can go anywhere on the planet from here. Where you live does not have to define how big or small your life can be.

4. I am blessed. I get to experience the whole world and all it's many colors and textures. God has given me so many opportunities to spread His good news all over planet earth. I love being the bearer of good news.

Pray for us!

3 comments

  1. I always pray for you.

    Posted on November 1, 2007 at 4:44 PM

     
  2. michaelb Said,

    I love the fact that you get to "Go into all the world...." and that many of us attached to your ministry have been equipped and given the opportunity to do the same. Rock on....in Asheville, Ghana, Kenya, Mali, Nicaragua, Czech, England, the Phillipines, etc.... You are in our prayers. God Speed.

    Posted on November 1, 2007 at 8:34 PM

     
  3. Cheetah Said,

    My prayers have always been with the ministry of the rock, even though I had to move from Asheville 4 years ago. The Lord not only guides you in the days ahead...he calls you to task. Be strong in your faith, as I know you will, and live not only the experience you gain, but also the humble experiences you will encounter. God Bless You, Pastor Kirk.

    Posted on November 3, 2007 at 8:05 PM