Thanksgiving

Posted by Posted by Kirk Bowman On 4:07 PM

Thanksgiving was a blast this year. We had 25-30 people over for a great day of feasting and hanging out together.

It was a great mixture of friends and family. Long time friends (almost 25 years of friendship). A guy who used to be in my teen ministry way back in the day - now with a wife and 3 kids. New friends. A newly married couple. Lots of church friends and then my awesome family.

My wife is an excellent hostess and cook so everything was perfect for the day. Jambalaya and oyster dressing are two New Orleans dishes that I anxiously await every Thanksgiving and Christmas. Suzette does them so well.

I think some of the main things I am thankful for were represented on that day. My amazing wife. My gorgeous girls. Long time friends. New friends. Church friends who have stuck with us through thick and thin. Family. Health. Home. Blessing.

I hope your Thanksgiving was blessed as well.

1 Comment

  1. Davida Said,

    Oyster dressing.. uh, wow, I'm really happy for you.

    Posted on November 26, 2007 at 7:26 PM