It's a New Year!

Posted by Posted by Kirk Bowman On 9:50 AM

Just returned from visiting my family and friends in New Orleans. Suzette and I grew up in N.O. so we both have an appreciation for the unique culture of that city.


One of the great aspects of the culture of N.O. is food. I have traveled all around the world and never seen (or tasted) a place with as much great food as N.O. So naturally we ate - a lot. And enjoyed every bite. Po Boys, doberge cake, boiled crawfish, gumbo, cafe au lait and beignets. It was all a treat.

N.O. is just beginning to show small signs of recovery from Hurricane Katrina. But there is a looooong way to go.

A new year is upon us as a church and I'm looking forward to what God has in store for us this year. He has plans for a hope and a future for us as a church and for you as an individual.

We are having a Mega worship and prayer night tonight. Starting a new series on this Sunday -  "Ready for a fresh start?" We have billboards all over town promoting this new series.

And we are going to start a 21 day fast on Jan. 7. (After I just wrote about food!). I want to encourage you to choose something to push delete on so you can quiet your soul to touch heaven at the beginning of this year. Go to any level you feel led to, but jump in on this with us a church family.

Church is open Monday through Friday 11 am - 2 pm for prayer.

Looking forward to a great year!

1 Comment

  1. Davida Said,

    Boiled Crawfish?
    I saw some cawfish in a creek once. I should have pulled them out and given it a try..

    Isn't it amazing to be able to look back and see all that God has already done, and look forward to the anticipation of all that He is going to do? I am so thankful to God for allowing me the opportunity to live life. It isn't a small matter.

    Posted on January 18, 2008 at 2:54 PM