Leadership Rally

Posted by Posted by Kirk Bowman On 2:18 PM

Tonight we're having the first of this year's four quarterly Leadership Rallies.

I am so pumped about the direction we're going this year. Lots of great plans, ideas and creativity flowing. Can't wait to get with our leaders and worship, share vision, pray and connect.

The journey to become all God has called us to be is amazing. There are lots of great people I'm thrilled to be doing life with.

Jim Rohn says:

"Each of us has two distinct choices to make about what we will do with our lives. The first choice we can make is to be less than we have the capacity to be. To earn less. To have less. To read less and think less. To try less and discipline ourselves less. These are the choices that lead to an empty life. These are the choices that, once made, lead to a life of constant apprehension instead of a life of wondrous anticipation.

And the second choice? To do it all! To become all that we can possibly be. To read every book that we possibly can. To earn as much as we possibly can. To give and share as much as we possibly can. To strive and produce and accomplish as much as we possibly can. All of us have the choice.

To do or not to do. To be or not to be. To be all or to be less or to be nothing at all."

I like the second choice. For me and for our church.

1 Comment

  1. Anonymous Said,

    I just wanted to comment on what Kirk said. Great blog post by the way. Yes, we need to be the second choice and try to be all that we can be, like the army says "Be all that you can be..." Well, yes they are right about that. What I got out of what Kirk is saying is that you don't need to lower yourself and make less of yourself. You need to rise up and be the best person you can be in work, life, and your own personal self-attitude. I have been trying to do (rephrase that "I am doing") that myself and for some odd reason, just by coming to this church for only a year and a half now, I finally have found solutions to problems by just "letting go, and letting God".

    I don't know if I am going off the subject here but, don't worry about your financial situation, just let go and try to find solutions to better your problems and keep moving forward in life as a person, life, and your attitude towards others.

    So, there! I said my comments and I am sticking to them. That is what I got out of his message. Great message, and keep doing what you are doing Kirk. I love the church, it has been the best thing in my life and in probably others as well. Keeping rocking Asheville, Kirk!

    Posted on January 27, 2008 at 8:10 PM