539!!!

Posted by Posted by Kirk Bowman On 3:20 PM

Our church set out to make Christmas happen for 500 underprivileged kids again this year.

The latest update to that - we have sponsored 539 kids for Christmas!!!!

It's been such an amazing blessing to watch literally thousands of Christmas presents flow through this place over the last few weeks. We didn't just hand out a box with coloring books. This was major bags of presents being handed out.

Tears flowed freely from lots of moms (and from us) as we handed them loads of presents for their kids.

Every present had a sticker that said"This present was lovingly picked out just for you to show you how much God loves you".

An amazing team of volunteers and our paid staff and our hugely generous church made this happen.

Huge kudos to Coral Childrey who organized and coordinated the connections for all this to take place.

What a joy to pastor such a generous church.

1 Comment

  1. Coral Said,

    Appreciate the kudos. Final number --541 kids abundantly blessed with Christmas presents! This year the need seemed greater than ever. Children in sad situations-- parents in rehab or prison, abuse in the home, kids living in fatherless homes, foster homes, the rescue mission, group homes, hospitals, living in campgrounds, shelters and even small children homeless found living under the bridge!!!
    The stories, the conversations, the prayers... those needs were very moving. They moved me, those lives got in me. Something shifted in me. I'm forever changed by all this. I feel like I went on my first mission trip! I connected with my city in a new way. I really love Asheville...not just the place....the people.

    It was a privilege to meet some of those families and deliver presents to children, I wish I knew words to convey their response! The kids, parents, the schools, counselors, social workers were all completely blown away by the generosity of The Rock Church!

    I'm thankful to play a part--- and to witness the Lord use us to touch our community (significantly), with the love of Jesus Christ!

    Posted on January 4, 2008 at 11:01 PM