My 99 Days Report

Posted by Posted by Kirk Bowman On 3:02 PM

I am reaching the end of my 99 day journey and I thought I would write a little about it.

My 99 days were to include:
1. Walk every day - 30 minutes
2. Touch heaven every day
3. Write a book

Here's my report on my progress with all of those things -

I walked almost every day. Maybe missed 15 or less days. Not perfect but I feel good about it.

I did touch heaven almost every day. I think every day, to be honest. Meaningful Bible time, prayer time or worship time. Something every day. My favorite of all this was our 11 - 2 prayer time at church. Our sanctuary, with worship music playing and cool lighting. No one else there some times. A handful there other times. Really rich and chocolaty. Loved it!

My book efforts were the least successful. I started out pretty strong for the first 30 or 40 days. Then I faltered pretty heavily. Lots of stuff going on this summer that threw me off. I wish I could have plowed through it all and kept writing but I couldn't.

My idea for the book - "Solar system leadership" is still strong in me and growing even stronger. I do intend to get back to working on it.

I'm used to communicating through public speaking. Writing is proving hard for me but I will break through on this one.

To all who had the courage to try something for 99 days - Bravo!

Whether you did really well or not, remember you are loved - not because you are good but because He is good.

3 comments

  1. greg varney Said,

    keep writing, pastor! every time you bring up the topic, it challenges me more and more about how i relate to others.

    and pash needs to write her "the thought that got away" book as well. now there's something to chew on!

    Posted on August 30, 2007 at 6:03 PM

     
  2. praisedetail Said,

    If you write it... they will read.
    All kidding aside- if you write like you speak- conversation like,"relatable", humorous- well, I don't know of any body who doesn't love hearing you. Your messages- at least for me- are like listening to a really hip, wise, friend of God- who let's you learn while you laugh. A lot.

    Thanks for the 99. Didn't accomplish the goals I wrote down...but, what I've prayed on for and dreamed of for ,beleive it or not, EXactly 1,099 days- got handed to me on a big silver platter. That whole God's time thing...believing it big time!

    Posted on August 30, 2007 at 8:31 PM

     
  3. Davida Said,

    99 days... Well, I am inconsistently consistent so the concept of doing anything daily for that long of a period of time is a bit unrealistic.
    But, my goal was to isolate, contain, and develop a future strategy for dealing with the paper explosion that exists at my house. I launched out fairly well curtailing all paper-like products into my bedroom. The strategy was to drive myself bananas with the clutter and thus get rid of the paper. That part would have worked well given a few more months.
    Anyway, I now have implemented a somewhat unsuccessful method for containment of future paper problems. And, with days left, literally two, there is now a paper shredder in my bedroom and trash bags awaiting their plunder.
    I may not be able to get the dailies down, but by golly- the last two days are going to count... or at least I can hope it turns out that way..

    Posted on August 30, 2007 at 9:14 PM