Preaching To Myself

Posted by Posted by Kirk Bowman On 9:16 AM


Yesterday was our first day of One Prayer and it went over way better than I thought it would. To be honest, I was a little nervous about showing video teaching. It’s a new thing to our church and I was little apprehensive about how it would be received.

We showed my video teaching I submitted to the One Prayer website. I have never sat and watched myself like that in church. My wife even said to me “No offence, honey, but that was just as good as hearing you live”.

This really opens up possibilities for the future!

One Prayer is about more than video teaching, though.

We are asking our church to fast (at least one meal a week) and pray for our church and for all the other churches involved in One Prayer.

We are also engaging in a service project (which we already had planned with 99 days) for our community. This month - June 21 at ABCCM.

We are also receiving a church planting offering on June 22.

I love doing new things!


3 comments

  1. praisedetail Said,

    PS is right on the money- your stage presence is not lost on the big screen.

    Snaps, Pastor Kirk.

    Posted on June 9, 2008 at 3:07 PM

     
  2. Anonymous Said,

    Sunday's message was AWESOME! I love this church....Matt. 5-14 ALL THE WAY.....I have been an interdependent part of a soul nourishing church family in Slidell, Louisiana and for a season of three long years had the difficult privilege of being asked, for a season, to live without that gift..........I praise the Lord Jesus to be back in a church home where I get fed by every single pastor there and just wanted to say, thank you and I love you all!

    Posted on June 9, 2008 at 7:42 PM

     
  3. Anonymous Said,

    I come to this Church to hear PK's message...If you ain't in the house then be on the screen...either way the message is great. Thanks for making Church a weekly treat!!

    Posted on June 12, 2008 at 7:54 PM