Pour Some Sugar On Me

Posted by Posted by Kirk Bowman On 10:09 AM


Def Leppard and Tim McGraw have a new song out – together. I think it’s pretty good. AND – I think it’s way cool to match a country singer with a rock band.

It seems there is more and more a merging of styles to create great music. Who would’ve ever put Robert Plant (Led Zeppelin) with Allison Krauss (bluegrass)? Yet it seems to work.

One Prayer feels like this to me. I’m excited about a bunch of kingdom minded guys putting down their labels and just coming together as one to reach the world for Christ.

I know there are still tribes we all gravitate toward. Nothing wrong with that. I have my favorites as well – in music and in the church world.

But a little harmony – two or more different notes coming together to make a unique sound – is a very cool thing.

One Prayer – pour some sugar on me, in the name of love


3 comments

  1. praisedetail Said,

    Pastor Kirk. You just used the words good.. and cool..in the same sentence as Country.

    Our God is a god of miracles.

    Seriously, though- like you said, a bunch of kingdom guys putting down their labels, and coming together as a united force all for God- can you say Critical Mass?!

    Thanks PK, for routinely giving your ego the backseat for God's Glory- You're way cool.

    Posted on June 4, 2008 at 9:36 PM

     
  2. praisedetail Said,

    hello!
    This isn't really an additional post- just Two cents!
    You mentioned today that that you hadn't come to a decision on a Pastor for the last One Prayer message.
    I'm sure you have a list- but, check out Bob Coy of Calvery Chapel, Ft. Lauderdale,Fl. He's on the list.
    My dad goes there, and I've seen him speak several times. Great communicator- relevant messages.Good sense of humor, too. Might be worth a look-see.

    Posted on June 8, 2008 at 2:09 PM

     
  3. praisedetail Said,

    My bad- Pastor Coy hasn't made a video yet, he's just on the church list. Watched Perry Noble's- the dude is just not right...but he sure is one killer preacher. No bones about it.

    Posted on June 9, 2008 at 2:42 PM