Do it WOW

Posted by Posted by Kirk Bowman On 3:39 PM

Another one of our work culture mantras:
Do it right, do it now, do it wow

Do it right - with excellence
Do it now - overcoming procrastination
Do it wow - put some extra on the ordinary

I like these ideas for all of life, not just work.

Do it right - We want to do the job right the first time. If we don't have the time to do it right the first time, how will we have the time to redo it to make it right.

And .... if it's for God (and isn't everything!) He deserves our very best.

Do it now - Just get started. Get going. Now. Most things are not as hard as we think, if we'll just get going. A bunch of piled up, undone procrastinations makes you stressed out.

Do it wow - Go the second mile. The extra touch, the extra five minutes. Of thought or time or effort. Put a signature of extraordinary on whatever you put your hand to. As Seth Godin says "Quit trying to be perfect, start being extraordinary".

4 comments

  1. praisedetail Said,

    I think I'll make this my 99...

    Posted on May 16, 2007 at 7:48 AM

     
  2. I needed this...thanks. I struggle with procrastination in every area of my life. I am finding the root of it is fear. To overcome procrastination requires alot of focus on the positive. Excellence is a powerful motivation. We have this wonderful king size bed that is so tall I have to use a step to get into it. It is heavenly! Kevin and I love it! He is 6'4", so he requires a big bed. There is a problem though, it is my "pit of procrastination". When I come home at night and look around at all the things I have to do, it is just so easy to get into that big bed and ignore everything. Once the kids are fed, bathed, and in the bed, I just don't have any desire to do anything else. I am in the process of seeing it for what it is - I'm just putting off what needs to be done, because I don't believe I have what it takes to do it well in the time I have alotted to me. I have started a new belief system that says "Yes I am able to do this and do it Great"!! I am amazed at what I have been accomplishing in my life by having this mentality versus the long lists of excuses and trying to be perfect. The more I analyze every detail of everything in my life the worse I feel, and the less I accomplish. The more that I focus on what I can do and what God can do, the more I accomplish and it feels Great! I feel Great!

    Posted on May 17, 2007 at 12:56 PM

     
  3. Davida Said,

    Happy Birthday
    Glücklicher Geburtstag
    Cumpleaños Feliz
    Bon anniversaire
    С днем рождения

    Better late than never... I hope it was a good one. :)

    Posted on May 19, 2007 at 2:01 PM

     
  4. Anonymous Said,

    i wish i just naturally kept my life in order. that it came as second nature and i found satisfaction in marking off my to-do list. at first it is interesting...but then.....avoiding it becomes more interesting.....this tendency GROWS LIKE MAD if i am under a lot of stress...it IS about believing you can change...and just simply doing it. pushing through.

    Posted on May 22, 2007 at 9:13 PM