Friends at The Masters

Posted by Posted by Kirk Bowman On 9:34 AM





I got to go to Augusta National yesterday to watch the Tuesday practice round for The Masters. The opportunity to go to The Masters is huge for golfers. Augusta National is like holy ground. The first time I went I expected the heavens to part and an angel choir to start singing.
Got to see Tiger - I'm telling you, he almost has a freakin aura.
Got to see Phil Mickelson. I like Phil. He's a great golfer. Really loves his family.



The best part of it all was hanging out with these two guys. Two of my best friends in life.

Whit Toland is a spiritual son of mine we sent out to Greensboro to plant a church a few years ago. He is doing an incredible job. Our relationship is fun and organic. We just like each other. Laugh a lot. Share vision. And pain. We're like Jonathan and David.

Andy Banfield is the prince of kindness. He is the most generous guy I know. He has opened the door for me to see and play golf in places no mortal gets to visit. My life is immeasurably better because of Andy being in it.

Great friends are a huge treasure in life.


This is me standing in front of the 12th green at Augusta. One day, I would LOVE to hit a shot into this green

5 comments

  1. captcraig Said,

    Tiger woods 157' foot motoryacht "Privacy" has a very nice aura to in South Beach, Miami. And yes, "THANK YOU LORD FOR MY FRIENDS" !

    Posted on April 5, 2007 at 3:12 PM

     
  2. Anonymous Said,

    Augusta is such an old Southern city...lots of old money...I married into some of it.....they never tell you what do do when it's gone....HA!
    Enjoy yourself....I bet the azaleas are beautiful right now....

    Posted on April 6, 2007 at 6:15 AM

     
  3. I don't know if you heard what Zach Johnson said after winning the Masters, But the first person he thanked was JESUS CHRIST! It is so great to see people do that on national TV. Maybe one day you can take me with you to the Masters, Pastor Kirk? Ol' buddy. Did I also mention that you are my favorite Pastor? :)

    Posted on April 11, 2007 at 11:59 AM

     
  4. Durbin Davis Said,

    I still need to learn the game...wanna teach me sometime???

    Posted on April 22, 2007 at 3:34 AM

     
  5. Durbin Davis Said,

    You have changed since being in the pool with a group of all of us..Remember.
    Thanks for that day. It meant so much to me and still burning in my heart daily.

    Posted on April 22, 2007 at 3:35 AM