Cultivation

Posted by Posted by Kirk Bowman On 5:16 PM

So, I'm cutting my grass this morning.

I actually enjoy mowing my lawn. It's fairly therapeutic for me. My yard is pretty big and it takes close to 3 hours. It's fairly mindless work so I get to pray, think, sing, worship, listen to my Ipod while I'm riding on my lawn mower.

Today I'm thinking about the power God has given us to cultivate a great life.

All along the edge of one side of my yard are thorns and weeds and various "weed stuff". No telling how much of that owned my yard before I started defining what would be grass that I could mow. And create a beautiful lawn.

What used to be weeds is now lawn because of cultivation.

I think too many people are passive about designing the life they want. Some just don't realize they have the power and permission. We can all cultivate great relationships, financial increase, a great walk with God.

If you want tomatoes in your life. Plant tomatoes.
If you want friends. Plant love.

I like the idea of cultivation. It seems to have an elegance to it. Cooperating with the forces God has created rather than "forcing" a manufactured thing.

Here's to you cultivating the life you've dreamed of.

1 Comment

  1. Anonymous Said,

    i'm into cultivation.

    the best part to me is the passage of time... spent with others; and the shared experiences become a life lived together.

    Posted on March 31, 2007 at 8:52 PM