Break the spell of the typical

Posted by Posted by Kirk Bowman On 10:04 AM

Great weekend at church!

I have to say - our worship team rocks. I love the presence of God - especially when it's loud.

Finished up on The Plus Factor series. I've loved this series. Planting the seed of serving well in our church family. People are getting it. Even taking it home, not just in church. Very cool.

Volunteer Fair has been a total hit. What a great way to let people get in the game.

9 people responded to Christ. Love that!!!!!

Last night went to The Orange Peel again - this time to see MuteMath. They were really good.

The whole opening act thing needs some rework, though.

There were 3 (three !!!) opening acts for MuteMath. It just feels like too much. I've been to 3 different shows this past month. Which, by the way, is a lot more than normal for me. All the opening acts were a disappointment.

It seems to me the whole setup for those opening act guys is working against them. They might do fine with another positioning but the expectation level is so low. And they play too long. Give us 4 of your greatest songs. Do them exceptionally. Be Brief, Bold & Brilliant. Then leave us wanting more. Not hoping you'll stop.

Also, can't they come up with a more creative, entertaining way to transition equipment and set up between acts. I don't think that would be that hard. Make it fun. Appealing. Make it entertainment. Think it through and make it part of the act.

Well, I know there's got to be another level.

2 comments

  1. Volunteer Fair was great! Not only did it give me the opportunity to get involved with the Church, but it gave me the chance to meet new people! I had a Great time! By the way, I'm going to be a Daddy!

    Posted on March 26, 2007 at 12:00 PM

     
  2. David McFee Said,

    What an awsome message on the Plus Factor these past several weeks. Thanks PK, awesome job. I am trying to incorporate that level of service in my life, and look for it in others.

    Unfortunatley we live in a society that has a lot of "minus factor", but we can change that one deed at a time!

    Posted on March 28, 2007 at 7:23 AM