Keep Your Zipper Up!

Posted by Posted by Kirk Bowman On 11:00 AM


Crazy week last week – will try to post a few thoughts this week on everything that went on. It was all good!

I had a first 2 Sundays back.

I am about ready to celebrate 35 Years (!) of walking with Jesus. I started in ministry almost immediately after I got saved. So, I’ve got 34 and a half years of experience preaching, teaching, singing, leading worship, etc. I’ve been on the platform doing all that and more for over 34 years.

So we’re having a great service on Sunday. Awesome worship. Presence of God. People giving their heart to Christ. Great day! I just finished preaching my heart out. One of those messages where I felt like I nailed it. They don’t all feel that way, I promise you.

I’m walking off the platform, feeling great about the whole day and one of my guys walks up to me and says “I’m not sure, but I think your zipper is down.”

Sure enough – I had preached my entire message with my zipper down!

Oh well…. Hopefully, I've got another 34 years till that happens again.



3 comments

  1. Well, I was front and center and would never have noticed anything was amiss if my spouse had not pointed it out to me. Plus, I make it a general rule to keep my eyes fixed upon my pastor's face while he is preaching.

    Posted on March 20, 2009 at 10:49 AM

     
  2. greg varney Said,

    more posts, please!
    ;-)

    Posted on March 27, 2009 at 11:54 AM

     
  3. Unknown Said,

    To BLOG or not to BLOG?, that is the question.

    Posted on March 29, 2009 at 4:12 PM